You´re the boss of a midsize company, facing growth evolution and changes every year.
The current business structure shows the tasks and names of your staff but you´re the only one who is actively taking care of all potential choices? Still, you´re the only decision maker? And by now, it troubles you…. and also, your health starts to become instable. Is that you? Does this short scenario speak to you?
For a moment –
It´s time to sit down and delegate some of your decision pressure. If you´re ready today to let go of some responsibility of different decision results, make sure to hand over more responsibility to your staff. This is the plan after you´ve discussed it with everyone, who agreed to your new offer:
- define the current tasks (by contract) to add more responsibility to their portfolio
- make sure it´s crystal clearly written down what they HAVE to do, what they NEED to do and what their next GOALS are to achieve
- define their goals by headlines and set up a decision process to follow: add transparency
- let them know the moment you need to be involved and be available in those situations
- structure their process to follow on a step-by-step sheet to avoid misunderstandings
- delegate some of your current decisions to their new programs and tasks
- …… and now, RELAX
It´s probably time for you to work on the growth of your business again! Start taking care of innovative ideas – soon you´re facing the year 2015 and by now the next goals are set. Isn´t it time to work on the long-term goals again, for 2018 and 2020? Relax and create a vision for 2020! Who will be with you by then and who will take over relevant decisions which shape the routines and processes in 2020?
Like a writer, start thinking from the end and slowly go back – with the dots you want to connect – until you reach the present day.
BE A DECISION MAKER. BECOME OUTSTANDING.
rita jaskolla – Leadership Architect –