>> Decision Authority <<
What is this “authority”, by the way?
- it´s the qualification to use our current (!) knowledge and skills to achieve the results we want
- it´s the qualification to make decisions
- it´s the ability to draw conclusions
- it´s steadfastness: know your upper and your lower limits – have limits (!)
But with all this listing and advising and implementing such advice to our daily life we still have to consider the potential loss of success.
And this is where many of us stumble, suddenly trying to avoid a decision.
How about a loss of success?
How do you handle this situation? Aren´t you trying to approch a success, facing something positive once you go for a new decision? Yes, you do.
Everyone implements a certain expectation which is important for our (intrinsic) motivation. It is different with the extrinsic motivation.
And this is when our steadfastness goes on stage to show up and be a tutor!
You either stand for investing TIME or MONEY to get this next decision result. You know you only win a certain (success) result after …. investing, right?
None of us can expect a win or success without investing at least “something”!
No – only action causes a result! Face it. And this is the point when you have to face your current qualification, your current competences. Is it enough for the result you aim at?
To overcome a potential loss there are two things to invest:
TIME: to add another storey of competence (either 80% or 20%)
MONEY: to add another storey of competence (either 20% or 80%)
Okay, here are the examples for you:
- you are forced or you plan to change the job but you need an additional qualification:
your boss (or you yourself) tells you to check out online-courses or a class at university
- you are emotionally forced to let go of your old marriage because you met a new spouse:
the worst case becomes the best case but you need to get to know the new person which won´t happen overnight
- you are sick and tired of your odd life-style so you plan to change it for the better:
you make-up your mind of how this new life-style shall look like in the future (6 months, 1 year) and you set-up a weekly schedule with a few new habits to follow before adding more to it….
Do you recognize how the 20% – 80% rule by Pareto works in our life? This is it.
BE A DECISION MAKER. BE OUTSTANDING.
rita jaskolla – Leadership Architect –