There are several stages within the decision-process of a huge decision!
Therefore, never start with placing the goal right in front of you.
IDEA: place the goal further away from your current starting position, to still “see it” from a virtual distance. If it´s too close to where you are, you neglect the view from the relevant META position.
This might cause the loss of important information gathering. Never loose this view from “above”! Never neglect the one and only outlook ability, which is the fuel for a clear foresight.
To be able to see your goal at the horizon, you need something similar to good weather conditions! Make sure you gather as much information FOR EVERY SINGLE STEP as possible. That´s what offers the “clear view”.
Scotland is on its way to split from the United Kingdom to become it´s own State. Their last loud idea about this was heard in 2014 and in 2016 this voice even got louder!
But WHAT does it take to really get there?
Just officially launching the idea to the world? No, there´s way more to do to reach such a well organized goal in the end – such a decision-process needs a great preparation and this will consume lots of TIME. Time as investment!
This is mainly what Scotland will have to clarify on its way:
- Agriculture: Scottish farmers received payments from the EU
- Border Controls, Immigration (?): Passport checks?
- Childcare: expanded childcare would be financed by increased tax revenues, a benefical effect?
- Citizenship: relatives may apply for registration as a Scottish citizen, dual citizenship
- Defence (Budget): X regular and X reserve personnel across land, air and maritime forces needed
- NATO (weapons): Scottish Defense Force + weapons depots + NATO membership…..
- Intelligence: MI5, SIS, GCHQ…. access to less security information?
- Democracy: ….. is there any democratic deficit available?
- Economy: the role of Scotland´s Banking system…..
- Currency: an independent Scottish currency? Or: adopt the EURO? Biz-loss in England?
- Government: unknown variables like Division of UK Governm. dept, future North Sea Oil revenue
- Energy/Oil: until today, it´s controlled by the U.K. Government, 90% oil comes from Scotland
- EU: is there the need to re-apply for being/becoming a EU-member?
- Healthcare: health policies are different from those in England
- International Relations: is there the need to open 100 embassies in the world?
- State Pension: maintain pension at a similar rate to the U.K.? Is there a lower life expectancy?
- Sport: no obvious barriers to an independent Scotland competing in the Olympics xxxx
- Universities/Students: any research funding available? How much investment will be attracted?
- Welfare: is there a call for a separate Welfare system in Scotland?
More than 19 broad questions
(issues) now need to be well prepared and organized with everyone available who will do great research and good investigations on their issues.
It will keep Scotland´s staff BUSY and this doesn´t even guarantee that they will reach their goal in the end. 19 questions/issues need to be well confronted with the 8 components of a brief decision process.
No easy task and sure a great challenge, but this way many people will get in touch with all aspects which concern the design of a country and the State Law. Gathering information is the basis –
One thing is sure: if Scotland now does the wide spread homework well, and enters the stage best prepared with the concern of all decision components, the country will have a huge chance to win this vision and finally reach this goal!
In the meantime, the world will be their observer – and Scotland might become independent and outstanding –
BE A DECISION MAKER. BECOME OUTSTANDING.
rita jaskolla – Leadership Architect –