When you set up criteria for your decision analysis, you must be willing and able to eliminate the non-matching factors. You can only reach a certain goal by describing it well enough so you can reach it. If you plan to fly to the moon, you shouldn´t be able to reach Mars in the end.
The relevant criteria are the following:
- results you have to meet
- limitations you have to obey
- appliance which are restricted
Do not discuss such points when taking notes. Be precise when some points are unclear and discuss these afterwards. Do not list alternatives.
As an aid use questions like:
- what is it exactly that we want to reach?
- what´s to avoid?
- what´s to improve?
- how much money can we provide for “this step”?
- do we have all machines and employees available?
- who is to hire?
Have an eye on the following 4 factors: human potential, material, money and marketing. Then check the items for your goal reaching and list answers like:
- : transfer the design-dept. to get it locally closer to our suppliers
- : do not put the employees into bad traffic around the work place
- : have meeting rooms with beamers and short ways to the airport, hire a new designer
- : ask the controlling for the available amount of $ or € to plan the transfer and find a real estate or rent a complete floor in a big business building (consult an agent)
- : what kind of technology is to add
- : set exact criteria for the new employee
Only with clear answers you can be sure to reach your goal at a certain time within a certain frame. Ask, ask, ask all kinds of questions – do great brainstorming with all involved leaders and employees. Be in time. Be prepared. And then be ready.
BE A DECISION MAKER. BECOME OUTSTANDING.
rita jaskolla – Leadership Architect –