The world´s countries need to add a collective 600 million new jobs in the next 15 years to maintain current employment rates, according to a 2013 World Bank Report. That means getting entrepreneurship right is more important than ever!
DECIDE FOR CHEAP & EASY BUT DON´T MISS YOUR RARE SET OF 10 TALENTS!
Gallup again did some research in 2014 – and their result says: even if you show all 10 talents every entrepreneur may bring, they won´t come with very high levels of all 10 talents. Therefore get ready for extra training, support by new partners and individual talent development.
You won´t find all 10 talents listed in my today´s blog-post, instead let me describe them from a rather pratical point of view:
1. be a promoter: you need to be a great speaker, focussed on your business
2. relationship builder: improve your social awareness, seek who´s beneficial for the biz growth
3. have a vision! Look for ideas
4. articulate the competitive advantage of your company to your clients
5. make decisions about pricing, product or service development w/ the customers in mind
6. spend time to plan the biz growth
7. align the employee responsibility w/ the companies goals
8. align the employees strengths w/ their (daily) roles
9. maximize employee engagement and increase individual performance
10. develop your biz building talents
11. recognize new opportunities
12. be or become a risk taker (!) –> take decisions!
13. use your social networks best for the biz interests
Life and business doesn´t come cheap and easy, of course, but more and more cheap and easy business models are THE new opportunity to start out as entrepreneurs in the 21st Century. Start and survival needs business building talent, innovative thinking, market research, new additional ideas, permanent self-development, learning, reading/listening to add knowledge, ….. all this never stops.
Employees normally aren´t typical risk takers, but as an entrepreneur it is essential. Decision making is the carrier of your risks and this includes detailed preparing, which can be learned. Everyone who risks something is also “gambling” and everyone needs know how much she and he “can risk” today when gambling with the opportunities.
Weigh the Weight of any risk!
BE A DECISION MAKER. BE OUTSTANDING.
rita jaskolla – Leadership Architect –