Enhance the organizational performance in your company!
The authors P. Rogers and M. Blenko give strict advice of how to clarify decision roles in the organizations. Therefore, they say: “assign clear roles for the decisions that most affect your companies performance.”
Start with these 3 questions to answer:
- Who decides which markets to enter?
- Who decides where to allocate capital?
- Who decides how to drive product innovation?
Think it through and fill in the names
Your next thoughts, which go into detail, shall include the questions:
- Who should recommend a course of action on a key decision?
- Who must agree to a recommendation before it can move forward?
- Who will perform the actions needed to implement the decisions?
- Whose input is needed to determine the proposals´s feasibility?
- Who decides – brings the decision to closure and commits the organization to implement it?
This is an important part of new decision-roles which have to be choosen by personality and competence and connected to the job-descriptions. After clarifying these decision roles, you make the right choices – effectively and competent.
In a second step you have to figure out who´s the ideal proxy of those decision-people.
BE A DECISION MAKER. BECOME OUTSTANDING.
rita jaskolla – Leadership Architect –