If decision makers are only in relevant positions (of companies) than we must assume everyone else isn´t capable of it. I doubt this.
Today is Sunday and the early fall invites us to look back to what we have accomplished this year so far. Let me drop a few lines for you about decision making which I grabbed from the Leadership book “The Mackay MBA of Selling in The Real World” by Harvey Mackay:
- PEOPLE begin to become successful the minute they DECIDE to be.
- A GOAL is a dream with a deadline. A dream needs a plan.
- IN TODAY´s business world, the bigger the DECISION, the more likely it is to be made by a committee.
- SELL something to the person you think might be the toughest customer in the world. Map out how you do it!
- EVERY accomplishment begins with the DECISION to try.
- Best TRAINING on DECISION making is about four questions all the time:
- what´s the problem?
- what´s the cause of the problem?
- what are all possible solutions to the problem?
- which solution do I suggest? -> right here the Decision Making Process steps into the process
If you have trouble with consistency or discipline to walk the path of consequences, maybe borrow this thought to lead yourself a few steps further on:
BE LIKE A STAMP. Stick to it until you get there!
BE A DECISION MAKER. BECOME OUTSTANDING.
rita jaskolla – Leadership Architect –