The end of the year is coming closer!
How is your personal bucket list looking by now?
Did you add a few new goals or did you even mark some off this year?
I experienced this year that someone else wrote some “to do´s” on my agenda which didn´t make it easier for me. The additional tasks will help me in a very positive way next year!
I am sure that decision making isn´t such a favorite topic because it is connected to change. Again and again I read that people shy away from change in their life. Actually they do everything to avoid change! I wonder: is change so bad?
One thing is for sure:
decisions lead to change and change means movement. It also means leaving old things behind and moving on towards a different future. It´s about changing habits, it means thinking different from now on, it forces us to stay confident and it takes some of our energy! Right?
Here´s what I experienced in terms of external & personal decisions on 2015:
- as a start-up I was honored to give more seminars and get further feedback of what the market needs
- cold calls and Emailing is hard with little reputation – many companies plan their next year trainings around September and that´s not very effective for my planning
- meeting w/ new people to whom I was recommended helps a lot (!) grab those chances!
- just take the advices which serve you “right now” to make the next step and be thankful (!)
- getting extra load will change your daily activities and condenses your time for several months, but always focus on the out-come afterwards, that´ll motivate you!
- learn, learn, learn …. to (re-)educate! Decide for further trainings in life! Don´t decide to stand still
- create a new product or service to stay creative
- when you reach your limits and you start thinking of screaming and yelling at the wall – well, fine – but don´t do it! It won´t change the situation! Keep the precious energy for something efficient….
- if time suddenly offers on-going pressure, decide to make a few plans! Decide for a new routine afterwards or make plans for a new ritual (once a year), decide for a weekend trip in better times!
- motivate yourself! It´s a simple decision
Yes, it´s mainly about self-motivation when we deal with lots of decisions in life. Decisions offer change and to take that change we need to stay in a good mood!
Quality in life comes from change toward the better, and we only get or experience the better if we do something actively to reach it. Whatever consequence we take after making another decision, it will only get better, sooner or later in life and very often: it´s rather later in life (!) which makes it feel stony to us, like walking barefoot all the time.
What do you do to motivate yourself when times get rough toward the better? Let me know pls. –
BE A DECISION MAKER. BECOME OUTSTANDING.
rita jaskolla – Leadership Architect –