In my last post I mentioned the 10 RARE TALENTS every entrepreneur should “own” and when you only have 5 or 6 of those 10 talents, find someone who brings the other half and become partners. Make smart decisions!
Instead of the talent-headline itself, today I will give some more insights about the practical side of these important traits:
- a business focus is relevant for decision making: the focus should be based on observed effect of the profit. Every entrepreneur only lives by profit – you need to pay your bills to survive and grow
- understanding yourself helps understanding others and builds (self-)confidence
- permanent idea improving helps growing the business long-termly
- you can´t do everything! Follow “understanding yourself ” and know who in the team will receive a new task from you
- difficult obstacles are time consuming, know your current resilience factor to act persevere and motivated
- if you don´t have to rely to anybody you´re always fast prepared to do whatever is important NOW, you grow into a flexible personality with overview
- be the journalist for your business: permanently search for new info to reduce risks and to become a fast decision maker
The 4 TRAITS you gain are:
Acting interpersonal: you learn to handle and care for your employees and your customers
A risk proven thought-process: when you laser focus on the business outcomes you will gain profit
You become a problem solver: creative thinking doesn´t stop!
Taking over the biggest part of marketing to promote your business and products yourself! The marketing of the old days is dead. The internet with its online business models silently buried it. If you learn to speak for yourself you will be the best promoter of the company who never quits!
Tom who is the head of the start-up “Y” realizes real quick, that he is also the promoter of the growing company.
As founder, owner and promoter Tom permanently speaks about the company and the products and services. It is a full-time job, but he only really speaks about it when he gets together with new people at networking events, in his sports club and in his neighbourhood. He always hands-out flyers. He weekly and monthly signs up for business meetings with local institutions and organizations and this is how he manages it to keep the tone of the companies name in a permanently swinging frequence.
He proudly loves his products and promoting both, products and service isn´t a job to him! He enjoys the drive which gets him up every day and it is the vision he has and focusses on, which makes him speak about his business to rise the awareness level and the merchandising. Soon, he will delegate the online promotion to a colleague who rather loves the IT platform and social media than the real social contacts.
Tom doesn´t have all 10 rare talents but he has the power of promotion in his hands and he easily meets the decision makers!
BE A DECISION MAKER. BECOME OUTSTANDING.
rita jaskolla – Leadership Architect –